Friday, August 14, 2009

Funny Fridays.....

The kids always have some sort of funny joke, video or story to share. The other night Cass found one of her old joke books. She was looking for something to read to help her fall asleep. This joke book was not a help at all. She kept coming into our room sharing jokes that she thought were hilarious! Patrick and I did laugh at most of the jokes, some were not funny but seeing her laugh so hard at a joke that we thought was not funny, made us laugh.
So, this gave me an idea...FUNNY FRIDAYS! I will post a funny joke, video, picture or story on our blog each Friday. That will be a good way to start off our weekend; with a smile and maybe even a good laugh. WARNING! This is the Gibbs house so, some post may be so dumb that they're funny (like some of Cassie's jokes)!

Here is my first Funny Friday story:
Yesterday, Connor and I were watching a little TV while dinner was cooking. I was flipping between Wife Swap and HGTV. While Wife Swap was on Connor asked, “Mom, how does milk get in them?" About two weeks ago he saw a mom nursing on one of the baby shows (Bringing Home Baby) so we talked a little about breastfeeding.
I was thinking to myself, what in the world made him think of breastfeeding? There were no babies on Wife Swap. I must have missed a baby commercial or something. So I tell him that when a mommy has a baby her body goes through lots of changes and one of the changes is getting milk. I told him that not all ladies have milk, you have to have a baby to be able to have milk and wasn't it neat how God did that for mommies so they can feed their babies. Connor looks at me with a huge smile and says, "I mean cows mom. How do COWS get their milk in them?"
I couldn't help but to bust out laughing!





cows Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bahahah! That made me laugh! I like this new tradition!

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

LOL!! That was great!

deeandcam said...

Sooo funny!!!