Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A weekend in a resort with.....SPIDERS??????


This past weekend Patrick and I went on a marriage retreat with our church. For me personally, it was one of our better retreats. We stayed in an awesome resort in Tucson and even though we didn't get a break from the heat, we did get a break from the kids, housework and cooking. The resort was beautiful. I hope to visit it again soon (maybe a girls weekend away)! Oh, but let me show you what was outside our door for two of the three days we were there......




These were taken on my cell so the quality is bad.
No lie! This was outside our door. Patrick left for the morning session before me to help set things up. After the session , we headed towards the room and he asked if I saw the spider outside our door. I said "No!!" He says it was a huge tarantula. I'm like "no it's not!" You only see those at the zoo behind glass. He assures me he is not kidding and we walked up to the door to see...yep! A tarantula. I was freaking. I have lived in Phoenix since I was 13 and have never seen a snake, black widow or tarantula, except at the zoo. On the last day of our retreat, we come back to our room to see the "nice spider" is gone. I freak again thinking it could be in our room. There was no space under the door for anything to get in so I decide we should be safe. I have to say that this is the only thing I did not like about the resort.


This picture will look familiar to some of you :)


Patrick and I were on the retreat committee so it was work for us too but it was well worth it. Not only was the stay nice but the material we covered was great. Just what I needed. One day was a little emotional for me but, it was OK because it helped me learn a little more about myself.


My in-laws stayed at our house with the kids while we were gone. It was nice to be able to keep the kids together in their own house while we were away. We were on our way home from Tucson when we get a call from Connor (he was a little on the angry side). "Grandma is taking the fun out of things" he said. "Why?" I ask. "She wants me to pick up my room before you get home and I was playing video games." Sometimes Grandmas can't be Grandmas. Sometimes they have to act like mom's too!
Have a great week!




4 comments:

The Porter Family said...

YES!!! You are tagged :)

Love, Krystle

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

I'm so glad I didn't see any of those spiders!!! I would have gotten less sleep. It was fun working w/ you on the retreat. :) Have a good rest of the week!

Times 6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Cute picture of you and Patrick, I am glad you enjoyed yourself!