Saturday, March 03, 2012

So long February...

March is just a few days old and I'm very excited that its here.  I love when the flowers start to "wake up" and color comes back to the desert.  It has been a mild winter here, which has been very nice but I'm ready to see what spring has to offer like, SPRING BREAK, birthday parties and Easter (just a few of my favorite things)!!

In February we made some big decisions.


I'll be a football mom this spring.

Connor has decided to hang up the ol' baseball cleats and to bring out the football cleats.  He's been wanting to play football for quite some time.  It was suggested to us that starting football in the off season might be good for a beginner.  So, that's what we're going to do.       



Cassie has decided to graduate from highschool a year early.  We have talked to her school counselor and we are finishing up the paperwork to be turned into the district. Truth is, Cass has done most of the work and research. She looks forward to taking some online classes before entering a University where she hopes to get into the study-abroad program.  Cassie's problem is that there is a great big world out there with so many choices.  She wonders how she will narrow all her choices down. She does enjoy learning and is excited to take the next step in her education.  She wants to graduate next spring.


I have decided to say goodbye to my teaching job.  Boy, was this a tough decision to make.  While the hours were killing me, I just LOVED being in the classroom again.  I am teaching a three-year-old preschool class and love my time in the classroom.  But, I also work at our church.  I just couldn't keep up with both jobs and home.  Have I mentioned lately that I have 3 busy kids?;)  Taking on a job outside of my church job has really shown me how lucky Patrick and I are for the jobs we have.  I know I take that for granted at times.  Maybe too many times.  If we have a sick child, I get to stay home.  If we want to take a trip in the middle of the week, we take a trip in the middle of the week.  Now, don't let me lead you to believe that we just drop what we are doing and leave. It does take time and planning to make sure our work is done and that we have everything in order in our absence.  Our jobs allow us to invest plenty of time into our marrige and families.  And while I have comfort in that, I will still miss teaching.  Think of me if you will.  I know in the fall, I will feel an emptiness knowing that the preschool is starting without me.
Today Courtney told me that she wanted me to have an in-home preschool when her kids were preschool age.  Sounds like a plan to me!

 
Speaking of Courtney...In February she started her first "real" job.  She is working for Metzger's Painting doing office work.  She does a ton of stuff from data entry to payroll.  She also answers the phones (ask her about the trick her aunt played on her.  Bad Aunt Bridget!!). She is really enjoying her job and hopefully will be purchasing a car soon. 


 Besides working and going to school, Patrick has been busy doing things like fighting with the pool vacuum (which is now fixed), figuring out a way to keep the neighbors cats out of our yard, taking his kids and wife on weekly dates, weekly grocery store runs for his parents, and leading a life group in our home. He is a busy man and a hard worker.

I hope you all enjoy all that spring has to offer you.  Before we know it, summer will be here. Do you have summer plans yet??

5 comments:

Times 6 said...

Love the updates on everyone. Sorry you will miss teaching. I don't know how you preschool teachers do it! We plan to go to CA this summer and be beach bums at some point.

OneHappyfamily said...

Wow! I just read this out loud as my family sat beside me... We are all in awe of the accomplishments of your kiddos. I will tell you exactly what Miss Kate said with a very wrinkled face "What does she do that you dont???" Impressive, very impressive! Good Job Momma!

Times 6 said...

And congratulations to Cassie for an earlier graduation, that is quite an accomplishment. Good luck to Connor in football, he will be great! Love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You didn't tell me about quitting teaching! Or did you? You know Jen I am in the ozone at times! I'm sure the school and other teachers are sad you are leaving. The little ones just love you! Parents do too!

What an awesome service at MVBC yesterday, huh? Good food too! Thanks for saving me a seat!

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Funny you mentioned Cass looking into an Abroad program. When I mentioned to a guy here at work that Cass may graduate a yr early, he said "let her go to Europe for a year"! Hey, she could stay with Greg and Rachel! ha ha ha!

Mom