Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Feeling the love

Patrick and I celebrated a late Valentines in Sedona.  It was such a relaxing time with a few surprises. 
Funny how we've been to Sedona many times but this time it's like we were seeing it through new eyes.
 While visiting the beautiful Chapel of the Holy Cross, we noticed how the rock formations looked as if I child was playing with clay.  It looked like they made these formations but some were not yet finished.  Or as if it was a finished piece but another person slid their finger down the side of the masterpiece.  I also noticed the emotions of those entering the chapel.  Some very solem, some had tears, others chasing their kids around like they were at a neighborhood park.  In my own opinion, I think the chapel is beautiful and I think it should be a peaceful place for those who use it to pray.  But I can't help but to focus on the beauty outside of the chapel, the beauty that only God can create. Beauty that reminds me that the flood was very real as I can see the marks it left on these rock formations.  For me I feel closer to God outside the chapel than inside. 

Patrick put a lot of planning into our trip. After we checked into our B&B
we got ready for a nice dinner and a movie.  It was fun to slip on some heels and put my hair up. Usually dinner and a movie is a casual date for us but not this night.  It was nice to actually dress up.  We ate at an Italian restaurant, Dahl and di Luca.  It was so good!  Then we headed to the theatre to see The Vow.
The next morning Patrick surprised me with a massage. It was my very first full body massage and it was WONDERFUL!!! I will definitely do that again.
The rest of the trip was filled with more yummy restaurants, window shopping, and sight seeing.
It was such a nice, peaceful get away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that Chapel so many times from a distance but never took the time to venture into it. Your photo is beautiful! Glad you and my favorite son-in-law (tee hee!) had a nice trip!

Mom

Times 6 said...

That chapel is beautiful. I am jealous of your relaxing trip and mostly of your full body massage. Glad you had fun.