Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas ~2011

Last night I finally mailed out the last of my Christmas cards.  This morning I will finish up the last bit of Christmas shopping that I need to do.  Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I still haven't bought all the groceries needed for the dinner we are hosting.  Anyone else feeling a little behind this Christmas season?  Oh well, it's all good!  I will not stress out!  As I hit a few stores today I will be grateful for having money to buy loved ones gifts (another Christmas NOT using credit cards.  YAY!)  I will be thankful that I have family to cook for.  I will be thankful for a healthy family and for family and friends who love me.  As I fight the crowds this afternoon I will be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas.  I am blessed to know for a fact that long ago a Savior was born for us.  He came as a precious babe in a simple way.  Yes, he was born the King of Kings but came to us in a manger, in a stable fit for animals.  But it was all part of God's great big plan.  His plan for Salvation! A plan that gives us hope and peace.
Our wish for you this Christmas season is that you would know this peace that comes only from our Savior.
Romans 5:1-11
1 Now that we have been put right with God through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.2 He has brought us by faith into this experience of God's grace, in which we now live. And so we boast of the hope we have of sharing God's glory!3 We also boast of our troubles, because we know that trouble produces endurance,4 endurance brings God's approval, and his approval creates hope.5 This hope does not disappoint us, for God has poured out his love into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit, who is God's gift to us.

6 For when we were still helpless, Christ died for the wicked at the time that God chose.7 It is a difficult thing for someone to die for a righteous person. It may even be that someone might dare to die for a good person.8 But God has shown us how much he loves us—it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us!9 By his blood we are now put right with God; how much more, then, will we be saved by him from God's anger!10 We were God's enemies, but he made us his friends through the death of his Son. Now that we are God's friends, how much more will we be saved by Christ's life!11 But that is not all; we rejoice because of what God has done through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has now made us God's friends.




Here's A little glimpse into what's going on with the Gibbs.

Courtney is in her first year of college.  She attends Grand Canyon University and is studying Early Childhood Education.  When not studying for her classes or writing essays, you can find her babysitting for numerous families, teaching a preschool class at church, making crafts, watching Friends, reading, online shopping or hanging out with Wyatt (Mr. tall, dark and handsome). 


Favorites~
Restaurant: Olive Garden
Book: The Bride Quartet Series and The Princess
Movie: Miss Congeniality
TV Show: Friends
Pastime: Pinterest








Cassie is in her second year of high school.  She is very involved in theatre.  She was costume head for the fall play (Dracula).  She volunteers in the church nursery, babysitts for numerous families and is very active in the youth group at our church.  When not texting, Cassie enjoys playing Just Dance, reading, watching Netflix and hanging out with friends. 
Favorites~
Restaurant: Del Taco
Book: Harry Potter series, Pretty Little Liars series, and Before I Die
Movie: Rent
TV Show: Vampire Diaries, Friends and Teen Mom
Pastime: Laying around in her warm, comfy footie jammies.






Connor is now in 5th grade.  He is on a club baseball team.  Connor was also on the school's basketball team and is involved in student council.  He has taken up drums this year and has decided to try saxaphone next year.  That will be 4 instruments in 4 years. When Connor is not playing ball he...well, who are we kidding, all he does is play ball.  
 
Favorites~
Restaurant: Chili's
Book:  Lemonade War and the Secret of Nimh.
Movie: Toy Story 3
TV Show: Good Luck Charlie
Pastime: Playing baseball






Patrick and I have been busy with our 3 kiddo's, work, school (for Patrick) and church.
Patrick went back to school this year at Phoenix Seminary, and is working on his Masters.  He is one of the Pastors at our church and even found time to play on a softball league last spring.  
I am still working as the Nursery/Preschool coordinator for our church and also teach a Tuesday/Thursday preschool class for a preschool in the Moon Valley area. I enjoy taking pictures and hope to take a class or two in photography sometime in the near future.  Patrick and I enjoy date nights once a week and ocassionally I can persuade him to play a game or two of Boggle or Scrabble.  
We moved last January and feel pretty settled in our new home.  We all are enjoying the extra space in the new house and the girls are glad to not have to share a room anymore. 
If you need our new address, feel free to e-mail us at pnjfam@cox.net and we will be happy to give that to you.
 
We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year.
Love, The Gibbs
 
 

4 comments:

Times 6 said...

Lovely post! Nice to see the kids favorites too! Thank you for the Christmas card, it was beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!! Your colors are
so nice!! Love the purple!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Jeni... I love to read your post I wish I could keep up with mine.. maybe I will make it my new years resolution..We received your Christmas Card today thank you.. you should be getting your soon... I hope that you have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

xoxox
Dawn L

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE one of the photos of you and Patrick by the tree and one of the whole family for my office at work!

Mom