I have mixed feelings about the day after Halloween. I look forward to time with family and friends on Thanksgiving, a yummy turkey dinner, the smell and taste of pumpkin, the time to reflect on the things I am truly thankful for and for the reminder that I have so much more to be thankful for. But BAM! Christmas is right there. My grocery store has its Christmas wreaths up, the register lights glow green and red in an alternate pattern, there are several Christmas trees throughout the store, not to mention all the holiday items for sale in the seasonal section and end caps (items that were put out on Halloween). I'm not ready to see vinyl snowflakes in the windows yet. I don't want the advertisements telling me that Santa will be in your store soon or to see the battery operated, singing snowmen dancing on the shelves. Just let me enjoy our short fall season and then I will be so exited and very ready to see all that Christmas has to offer. Now, this is where the mixed feelings come in...at the same time I know I need to be prepared for the weeks that follow Thanksgiving. Patrick and I have done a pretty good job the last few years making sure Christmas wasn't too stressful. Our kids are busy and keep us busy with all their different activities so, we must be prepared and somewhat organized. I've picked up and ordered a few gifts already. I bought a ton of scotch tape and tissue paper. I checked my stock of gift bags and wrapping paper. I've been trying to find a new location to shoot Christmas pictures. I realize I need to think about Christmas a little, while I also think about what side dishes to have this Thanksgiving.
So, while some of you have already started to listen to Christmas music and are wondering how early is too early to decorate for Christmas, I will keep on burning my pumpkin candles, enjoy my fall decorations and sip my pumpkin spice lattes. This post was written in good spirits...I'm not venting, just trying to enjoy the little things that come with the fall season.
5 comments:
Your table looks beautiful!
I was at Fry's last night and they had a Christmas tree and and a lighted mechanical reindeer right outside the entrance. I said to myself, "you have got to be kidding me"! Jiminy Cricket.......Halloween just ended! Oh well, I guess they're trying to get those holiday bucks rolling with this lousy economy.
Mom
Try being one of the managers giving the direction to put out Christmas stuff before Halloween is over. We seriously had a huge tree in the entryway between 2 walls of Halloween candy that we were trying to get rid of.... :)
Ridiculous!!
Preach it sister!
Oh I am one of those that likes to skip the fall decor and head straight to the Santa's and snowmen! Your table looks beautiful though. I do agree stuff comes out too soon.
Post a Comment