Monday, March 29, 2010

Cheer is over...

...well, for now it is.


This weekend Courtney had Varsity Cheer Nationals in California. I was able to take Connor along for the trip. It made things a little easier for Dad and he has never been to Disney yet. Cassie and Courtney have gone a couple times and we are going as a family this fall.

Cheer~ The girls did really good. They competed against 27 other squads and placed 12th which did get them a trophy. This is their first trophy for Nationals.
The cheer season now, is officially over. We now can relax for about three weeks and then it will be time for tryouts.

Disney~ Thanks to my cousin Troy and his wife Kim, we were able to use their address and get two day hopper passes for the price of one day. We also saved hundreds of dollars by staying at their house for three nights instead of at a hotel! Thanks Shanes! We love to save $!!!

Connor and I spent all day at Disney on Friday ending the night at Courts hotel to watch fireworks. Kim and her kiddos were able to spend a few hours at Disney on Friday too. Then Court competed on Saturday (first thing in the morning) and then it was back to Disney for another day of exhausting fun. Wow, our feet were killing us by the end of the night.

California trip mishaps...

Thursday, Day 1- we left AZ two hours later than we wanted.

Jen forgets toothbrush.

When in a Cali Target (buying my toothbrush), I realize I locked my keys in the van.

Jen is brilliant and brought the spare van key!!! (Yay me)!

Friday, Day 2- get a frantic call from Courtney while at Disney that she is in the park and has lost her hopper pass.

Spent very little time with Kim and kids at Disney because it took us an hour to get Court a replacement hopper pass. Thank goodness they were able to look her ticket up and issue her a replacement.

7 PM is not the time to get dinner at Disney on a crowded weekend. 2 hour wait!

Saturday, Day 3- We have to be at the cheer competition at 7am. I'm on time (yay) and parking is cheaper here than at Disney and it's all day parking. I'm parking here all day and walking to Disney with the cheerleaders!!! OOOPS! No I'm not because I left the Disney passes at Troy and Kim's!!!! Back to their house I go. I decide to go back to the Convention center to park because it's still cheaper than Disney parking and I do have to go their for awards later that day anyway.

In line for the Tower of Terror for the second time and Connor freaks out and says he's not riding it again -right when it's our turn to go into the elevator part of the ride. I'm in line saying, " You just did this, you'll be ok...you said you liked it." Connor, in his NOT quiet voice, says stuff like ~"why are you making me do something I don't want to do?" and "please take me out of here" and "please mom, PLEASE!" People in line are looking at me like I'm the worse mom in the world (you know, like one of those moms who has a child screaming frantically because they are scared to death of the Santa in the mall. But the mom puts them on his lap anyways and then is frustrated because she can't get a pict. because the child is screaming and trying to get down off Santa's lap.) Hey, he was just on it and wanted to go again. I took him out when he freaked! We get outside and he says it's not actually the ride but the video in the beginning that creeps him out.

End of the night...Jen gets sick walking all the way back to the car (Disney parking would have at least gotten me a shuttle). I make it to the car, drink cold water and start feeling a little better. I drive 10 minutes and get sick again. Pull into a gas station...restrooms are out of order!!!! More cold water and I don't get sick again...till I get to Troy and Kim's. I know all I need to do is get some liquids in me and sleep. I was right. The next morning I felt great.

Even with some mishaps, it was a great trip with great memories!

While we were gone~

Cass and dad got to have some bonding time. They went to a play, had dinner with grandma and papa, ate out the rest of the time, Cass had a friend sleep over and for the most part she had the TV to herself for four days.

The house stayed clean.

Patrick preached an awesome sermon.

My brownie mix is missing... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I asked Cass on Friday if she was loving having the house to herself she said "YES, just me and my daddy"! Got to see her and Lexi
Sunday morn when I picked them up for church. Good girls......on time and ready to go!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, Patrick's sermon was awesome. No CD's afterward tho! Save me one!!

Mom

Evy said...

Wow! That sounds like a busy time. I know what you mean when people look at you when your kid is calling attention to themselves. Someone looked at me when I was at the grocery store and got upset with Landon because he kept standing up in the front of the shopping cart. What do you do? Get upset with the child or let them fall and crack their head open? Oh well...at least we know that we are good moms. Kids are so funny!

Anonymous said...

sounds like an eventful trip! you had me laughing out loud at the Tower of Terror part.

OneHappyfamily said...

Cute post Jen!

Heather King said...

I am trying to reach the Dunn family of Charlotte. We live in Charlotte and are interested in adopting from the Marshall Islands which led me to their blog which seems to be inactive. Could you please forward them my e-mail address and ask them to get in touch with me? info@markandheatheradopt.com