Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Looking for fall

summer icon Pictures, Images and Photos

Today I got an e-letter from the Gooseberry Patch. Here's what it says:


Welcome back to Feather Your Nest and welcome to Fall too! This time of year in Ohio is near perfect...cool, crisp breezes and the warmth of the sun still keeping us in short sleeves. The leaves are starting to show off their colors with deep golds and ruby reds dotting every tree in the countryside.

It's also the season that apples are at their best and, as soon as we turn the page on our calendar, we start planning our trip to our local orchard. There's just something about walking between the rows of trees and filling up our little bags with hand-picked beauties. Check out our exclusive farmhouse tin apple crates. With art that reminds us of the signs that point the way to the fruit farm, they'll hold everything from mail to craft supplies & more.

This month, we're thrilled to share some very exciting news. Just a few days ago, we started our very own blog, launched our Page on Facebook and started sending updates on Twitter ...now there are three NEW ways to get all the latest Gooseberry dish! We'll be sharing lots of goodies including recipes, crafty ideas, decorating tips and even exclusive sneak peeks inside The Patch. We hope you'll join in the conversation and let us know what you think! See below for more details.

Scroll down to find two of our favorite fall recipes from our cookbooks, Autumn with Family & Friends and Our Favorite Harvest Recipes. (These two titles are new this season...do you have your copies yet? ) There's a hearty slow-cooker stew just right for warming up chilly days and a simple & delicious cake perfect for enjoying all those fresh-picked apples!


P.S. To celebrate Autumn's arrival, we've gathered our favorites of the season...check out our hand-picked Harvest collection!




Do you know how much it stinks to read about fall weather, crisp winds and leaves starting to change color when it's still over 100 degrees here??? We are still eating watermelon, strawberries and Popsicles out by the pool. Not thinking about Fall Harvest recipes which include a hearty stew.

Fall is my favorite season and I MISS IT! I want to wear sweaters and eat stew and decorate my house with fall leaves and pumpkins. I want to walk across the yard and hear the leaves crunch under my feet. And I am ready for pumpkin spice cappuccinos!
We still have to apply sunscreen just to walk out to get the mail and wait ten minutes for the car to cool off so I can actually grab the steering wheel to drive. I guess when it's January I will be more thankful for the Arizona weather.

6 comments:

Michael said...

You are correct, fall here in Cleveland is great. Those photos are amazing. I get so excited thinking about the changing colors.
Just think - when we're shoveling 6 feet of snow in winter (I can't wait) you'll be relaxing and enjoying the Arizona weather. You always have to look at the bright side. Keep up the great blog!

deeandcam said...

Fall is also my favorite season! It has been in the 70's all week and on my way to my parents tonight I saw trees changing colors!

Anonymous said...

ohh i love fall that is the best part about moving away from AZ and opening the windows and we are planning a camping trip this year we cant wait it will be so fun anytime you want to visit in the fall feel free ......dawn L.

mrsdiff said...

I love your comment at the end. I LOVE fall here in Ohio. I have already gone out to pick up some new decorations, we are talking about picking apples next weekend, and yes, I have even seem some changing leaves. I will enjoy it to the fullest this year. But then, of course, we have a long, terrible winter (boo!) that follows.

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

I agree. Fall is so wonderful. If only it would feel like and look like fall here. Oh well, more of a reason to take trips to see the change in season! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay! So who's for taking a FALL trip to Ohio some time?!?!? Be warned tho you may be able to wear light jackets or you may need winter coats and boots! ha ha ha!

Mom