Thursday, August 27, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

It's been a pretty busy week here.

On Sunday we had a baby shower for my cousin Connie. Her baby girl is due in September. She has 3 big brothers waiting for her arrival. It was a good day and baby Layne is going to look stylish in all her new little outfits. I made a diaper cake for a decoration/gift and it turned out pretty cute. It was so easy to make! I'm thinking I should start my own business in all the spare time I have Ha-Ha! My camera wasn't working at the shower but I do have a picture of the diaper cake...


These cookies were made for the shower, by my aunts sister-in-law. They were so cute (and yummy).


Cassie and Connor have colds. Lots of coughing, drippy noses and scratchy throats. Yesterday I babysat for a sweet couple from our church. Their little girl is 3 months old and such a cutie! Connor was so bummed he couldn't get close to her because of his cold. He pulled his shirt over his mouth and nose and said I'll stay away from her and won't breath on her. And he did just that. He watched her from a distance wishing he could hold her.


Tonight was open house at the Jr. High. It was nice to hear the teachers say good things about Cassie. She likes most of her classes. Her algebra class is a little tough. She never did pre algebra so she's a little frustrated. We're going to give it a few weeks and see if it gets a little easier.



Cassie and one of her BFF's Katee


Connor has decided that he wants to play the violin. That will start in September. Cass is excited he is going to play (she played for three years) and is thinking about taking it up again. Yes! Now, if I could only get Courtney back into piano :) I wish I could play piano (or the harp). Courtney was thinking it could be fun to give little kids piano lessons...we'll see if she decides to get back into lessons (I'm keeping my fingers crossed).

Connor, multi-tasking. He had just borrowed a couple movies from the library and wanted to watch them while he painted. He carried his little TV out to the kitchen and had himself a little set up that kept him pretty busy most of the morning.



Courtney is very busy with cheer and newspaper. She's been doing some interviews for her newspaper stories that are due soon. Football season will start shortly and she will be cheering two nights a week. She's looking forward to Homecoming in Oct. and already has a dress in mind. Aunt Bridget is going to make her dress. Court found a dress in the mall but it was so early in the summer and we really didn't have the money to buy it then (we had to pay for three camps this summer) so I told her it would have to wait. When we went back, at the end of summer, it was gone. She found it online (no longer available) so she asked her aunt if she would make it.

Courtney and her cheer coaches

Patrick and I are getting ready to lead a parenting group at our church. I'm pretty excited to get that started.
It's still HOT here in Phoenix but tonight I started planning our Christmas card. I thought if I could think about December and Christmas, maybe it would feel cooler out. It DIDN'T!

Until next time...ADIOS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know how you keep up with everything! You are like the energizer bunny!

Mom