Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Prescott

We went to Prescott for the fourth. The day temps were only a little lower than the temp in Phoenix but after the sun went down it was beautiful out. Some of us needed our sweatshirts. At Pioneer Park in Prescott they have a fabulous 4th of July celebration. We buy the kids a wristband that gets them on everything as many times as they want. Each year the activities get better and better. They had about 7 water slides, jousting, bounce houses, game booths, pitching machine, bumper boats, pony rides, a couple kiddie rides, a few different crafts for the kids to make, bungee jumping, tattoos, face painting, volleyball games for teens and adults, a couple playgrounds and a wonderful fireworks show. There is also tons of food, ice cream, snow cones, etc.. and all the food is pretty reasonably priced ($1 hot dogs and drinks, $2 burgers). We did a picnic lunch and bought dinner there. With all the fruit and chips left over from lunch we only had to buy burgers and dogs. Total cost for dinner...$11. Not bad for six people. One of Courtney's friends was at camp in Prescott so we picked her up and took her too. We met up with another family from our church and each of the kids had a friend their own age to go off with. Connor and his friend Zac are finally old enough to go off on their own. They would ride a few rides and then come check in with us. They felt like such big kids, not needing their parents. While the kids did their activities the adults played cards. They tried to teach me how to play Texas Hold 'em. I'm still confused. We also played BS. One of the little kids asked what B.S. was and we quickly replied "Bible Study". When my kids play BS at home they call it Bull Shark.
At the hotel that night the kids tried to shower without getting their tattoos (air brushed) wet. It was funny hearing them tell how they showered with legs hanging out of the tub and wrapping their hand in a plastic bag to keep their wrist from getting wet. Cass had a tattoo on her back so I don't know how she kept it from getting wet but she did.
We spent some time in the Prescott Square the next day. The kids did some shopping to get rid of the rest of their spending money and we ate lunch at the Gurley Street Grill. They have some pretty good food. Connor loves any place that has rootbeer in a bottle.
We thought about playing a round of mini golf before leaving but it was pretty warm outside. We decided to go home and swim instead.




OHHHHHH!!!! I forgot to tell you that we had someone famous staying in our hotel. He even talked to us!!!! You'll never guess who it was........Brad Pitt? NO!..........Tom Cruise?...NO!...........Will Smith....No!!..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................It was...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Ronald Pictures, Images and Photos
He was in the Rodeo Parade the morning of the 4th and stayed at our hotel. Well, the kids thought it was cool. Too bad my camera was in the car when we ran into him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1 We are totally going there next year I think. Do you think they have fun things for an almost 2 year old?

#2 I keep forgetting to tell you (or maybe I already did and forgot), but for my photo editing I use Adobe Photoshop 9. I got it from Costco.

Anonymous said...

Remind me to book a room next Feb so we can join you in July! I'm bummed there were no rooms left when I called! Wish we could have joined you!

Mom

Our Life said...

That is awesome...sounds like fun!

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

Too bad Brad Pitt wasn't there. :(

OneHappyfamily said...

I think we may try this next year if we aren't in Forest Home.Do you really have to book a room in Feb?