
Connor has been reading the Magic Tree House books. He got about seven new MTH books for Christmas. Cassie gave him the one above. When it was time for bed, this was the book he choose to read, or maybe I should say he decided I should read. We usually take turns reading a page or paragraph but tonight he just wanted to listen. Now, in all my years teaching, dinosaurs was always one of my favorite units. I love all the hands-on science projects that go along with dinosaurs. The thing I did not like, was reading all the books that go along with this particular subject. I don't enjoy reading about dinos and pronouncing their names. I enjoy story books about dinos like Danny and the Dinosaur, How do Dinosaurs Clean Their Room? How do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? etc... but the science books on the other hand, they always give me a headache. Even as a child I disliked dinosaur books. The covers even gave me a headache.
When Courtney was tiny, I had a friend who told me to be prepared, if I ever had a boy I would have to know the names of all the different types of trucks (dump truck, cement mixer, tractors, bobcat, crane, etc). She said with all the construction and building going on in Phoenix, there is no way around it. Little boys are amazed by all these big machines. (I also found out that little girls are too. When Courtney was three she said when she grew up she wanted to be the President and drive a garbage truck and a tractor and she also wanted to work at an Icee store).
Anyways, back to my story. So, I was prepared for the truck thing but not the dinosaur thing. Connor has brought a few dinosaur books home from the library and I am always very glad when it is time to return them. Oh well, what we won't do for our kids. We got through four chapters tonight and will finish the next four tomorrow. Then it's on to dragons :)
1 comment:
Oh the joy of boys. Your a good momma to read what your boy wants. I have to read PC magazines around these parts!
Post a Comment