Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve

I was so excited that everything was done before Christmas eve. I had all my shopping done, the gifts were wrapped and the food we were taken for dinner was already at Bert and Bridget's (Patrick's sister and her hubby). Well, I thought I was ready. Connor realized he had forgotten to get daddy a gift. So off to Target we go at 3:oo on Christmas eve. I was so impressed with Target, almost every lane was open, only two or three people in each lane and the store was pretty clean still. We found what Connor wanted and was pulling back into our driveway 28 minutes later. I thought for sure it would take at least an hour. Connor shops just like his sister Cassie. They know what they want, they go in, grab it, pay for it and they're done. Courtney and I on the other hand....
Next was the candlelight service at church. I love going to church on Christmas eve. It's pretty laid back and family friendly. This year we had glow sticks for the kids. One bummer was that we had a threat of rain so our Christmas eve under the stars was turned into Christmas eve under the twinkle lights in the Church. It never did rain and it was pretty cozy inside the church (about 650 people). Before and after the service there is cookies, cocoa, and hot apple cider to tide us over until dinner.
I wish I could have gone on stage to look out over the church. What a view the worship team must have being able to see us all with our candles lit.
After church we head over to Patrick's sisters house. Us adults "torture" the kids by making them eat dinner before gifts. Of course we have to have seconds just so we can watch them huff and puff because, "You can have seconds after gifts." Its funny to watch them stare at the last adult eating, just waiting for that last bite to be taken.
Patrick and I got a new camera this Christmas. We still need to get a new card for it. So, from New Years Eve on we should have nicer pictures.
The kids did well as usual. Grandma Sharon is good at granting their Christmas wishes. The girls got the bedding that they wanted and Connor...Guitar Hero III! Yep, he and the girls have been jamming out.



^ Courtney just opened her bedding^

^ Cassie patiently watches Sara.^


^Connor's new elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist guards (this will come in handy for the gift Santa will bring)^


^Sara's American Girl gift certificate.^



^Caleb got a couple Wii games ^



^Court- not sure what she just opened^



^Hooray for slippers (that match her new robe) ^



^Another Wii accessory^

No comments: