Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Oh boy oh BOY!

This is one of my favorite icons!


If you know Connor then you know that he is 100% BOY! Always wiggling, running, bouncing, sliding, flipping, throwing... you get the picture. Well, yesterday we went to the mall. The girls had some gift cards that they wanted to use and Courtney had some birthday cash that was burning a hole in her wallet. We are in Aeropostale, waiting for Courtney to decide between a sweater and a jacket vest (oh, but it was a cool vest w/ fur on the hood). Connor had enough with the girlie shopping and was trying to entertain himself. He found a table that was two tiers high and the top tier spun around. So, you guessed it, he starts spinning it. Well, no one was looking at the items on the table and he wasn't hurting anything so I let him. He was spinning it slowly when the top tier comes loose from the bottom and starts falling off. OK, maybe he had picked up the speed a little. I see it falling and try to grab it but it was a mega heavy so, I had to let it crash. Oh, and the items on the table...about 200 thongs (yes, underwear, not flip flops). My girls took off leaving me there with a scared little boy and 200 pairs of thong underwear all over the floor. Two girls that worked in the store quickly came over and fixed the table and instead of folding each pair of underwear into little tiny strips and fanning them around the circular table, they just tossed them on. It probably took someone an hour to put the underwear back into their neat little circular formation. I told him he should help the workers pick up the mess but then realized that I had just asked an almost 8 year old boy to touch girlie underwear in front of a store full of people. So I told him he needed to at least thank the workers for picking up the mess. He said he'd rather go home and get a spanking. And no...he did not get a spanking! We went into two or three more stores after that and Connor tried so hard not to touch anything.

3 comments:

Russell Fam. said...

So what's THONG with that?

Joel

Anonymous said...

hahaha! That is a halarious story. AND I am so glad your blog didn't disappear forever! I was worried there for a little while.

OneHappyfamily said...

Did he know what hit him?