Kelsie, Courtney and Alex
Connor (2nd grade) is the next one up (about 6:45). He did not show much excitement this morning as he slowly got ready for school. He got word from his sister that his teacher was mean. (THANKS CASS!!) We tell him that things will be fine and lets give her a chance. Well, we get to school and he doesn't crack a smile. Just a few feet from his class, a lady opens a door and he walks into it. He's not hurt, just embarrassed (now the tears start). I tell him it will be a great day and class will be over before he knows it (daddy and I did a lot of praying for him throughout the day). He wipes his tears and bravely walks into the classroom. I snap a picture or two and leave. When I get to the parking lot, I view the picts that I just took and start giggling. Look below to see why.
Look at his sad little face :( I didn't realize how sad he looked until I looked at the picture later.
Next to go to school is Cass (7th grade). She gets up at 7:15 because her school doesn't start until 8:40.
Do you see how my mornings are??? Three kids in three different schools at three different times. Plus we pick up 4 other high school students and 1 other elementary child. We're thinking of buying a train for our carpooling :)
Cass is excited about starting a new school but also very nervous. They are doing a lot of construction around her school so the students were not able to walk around the campus when they picked up their schedules. " I just know I'm gonna get lost!" she says. We remind her that none of the seventh graders were able to walk around the campus, so they all can get lost together. As nervous as she was she proudly gets out of the van and heads towards home room(at least she hopes she is heading towards home room).Jr. High, here I come!
Just like drop off, pick up is in shifts too. But each child came home happy and had many good things to report. And yes, Cassie got lost (twice) but she laughed about it and said others did too. She was thankful for three things...
1. There were plenty of teachers on campus to direct the new kids to the right classrooms
2. You're allowed to be late to class the first week of school
3. She had "good"pizza for lunch :),
Wow! This is a long post. Well if you read all of this, I hope it made you smile.
5 comments:
That picture of Connor is sad, I hope it went better than he expected.
Jeni,
That is so sad!! It totally reminds me of something I would have done myself. Well, I hope he is all better and liking school!
:) Karilee
The first day is always rough. It can only get better from here!
Today was day two of second grade. Connor says, "My teacher hasn't been mean at all." I think he'll do ok this year!
I just LOVE that picture of Connor!! it captures the moment so well :( He is the cutest!!!!
Post a Comment