Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Mouse and the Motorcycle



Connor has been reading the Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary. This was one of my favorite books in grade school. So, last night he was reading and he brings the book to me and says, "Mom, I think Keith’s dad does drugs." He has a very serious look on his face. I ask why he thinks that and he reads a sentence from the book that says "Keith’s dad called the front desk to find out where the nearest drugstore is." I explained what a drugstore was. "Like Walgreens!" he says. "Oh, and like Fry's Food and Drug. I always wondered why it said Drug on the sign."
You just never know what those little minds are thinking.

What was a favorite book of yours, as a child?

7 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

That is too funny. Kate asked me the same question one day at Fry's. She couldn't understand why they sold drugs. Kids... My favorite book when I was little for sure was "Where the Sidewalk Ends."

A Full House said...

Oh yes, that was one of Courtney's favorites too.

Russell Fam. said...

In second grade Charlie and the Choc. Fact. was read to us.
That was fun!

Anonymous said...

remember that "If You Gave A Mouse A Cookie" or something like that? It's an entire story about how a mouse is looking around the house for a cookie. i thought it was precious as a child. now, when i think about a mouse mingling in my home in search for a cookie, i'm entirely grossed out.

anyway, that was mine!

A Full House said...

Cameo my dear, I hate to inform you that you DO have a mouse mingling in your house! Does the name Tippy ring a bell =]

I know, you hate me!

Anonymous said...

hhaahh!! Tippy IS a mouse! Except now she's an overweight mouse who now has to go on a diet!

Well, I was a bookworm as a kid and would read books until 3am under my covers with a flashlight when I was Connor's age. How nerdy is that? It's hard for me to narrow it down, but I loved the Ramona series.

Russell Fam. said...

Ok...I know the mouse on the book is cute and all, but surely you have some recent pics. of the kids!!!