Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"B-32"

I had a request or two to hear about Connor's "BINGO" story. It is a bit long and I didn't want to retype it again so I went to my Myspace page to get it off there. Now I have a problem! I thought I had posted it as a blog on my page but I didn't. I had posted it as a bulletin and they get deleted after 10 days. Luckily I had friends comment on my story in an e-mail and the story was attached to the comment, I was able to copy it to post it here. Whew!!! Are you still with me? Like I said it is a bit long but well worth it. I will go back and read this when I need a laugh.

From: Jen
Date: May 10, 2008 1:16 AM


So, today Connor and I did a Wal-Mart run. We were in a checkout line for around 10 minutes when the cashier turns her light off. Connor announces "Mom, she just turned her light off." I assured him it's OK because we were in the line for quite awhile. About three more minutes pass and the lady in front of me says "Ma'am, she says she's closed after me" (she said this kind of sad and shocked). My jaw dropped and I looked at the cashier. She never looks my way. So, I say, "We've been in this line for 15 minutes!" Still, the cashier won’t look at me. The lady in front of me explains to the cashier that we were in line as long as she was. The cashier looks at the lady, points her finger at her and says "I am closed after YOU." Wow, I was burning up now. The lady behind me (who had been in line maybe 5 minutes less than me) shakes her head in disbelief and moves to the next line (she was customer #5 in this new line). All the lines (all 4 that were open on a Friday night) had 5-6 people in them. I look around for an employee, supervisor or manager walking the floor. Imagine this...no one to be found. I asked the lady at the jewelry counter to call a manager. She says stay here till he comes. Sorry lady, my 7 year old is in line and I need to stay with him. So she tells me she will send a manager to my line. Five minutes later...no manager. Another five minutes I finally make it to the register. I asked her to call a manager. She bags all my stuff and still no manager. Finally she sees an employee coming back from a break and asks her to find a manager. She says she can help me. I assured her I never complain but their costumer service today was HORRIBLE!!! I gave her a quick recap of my last 1/2 hour. I also told her I wished I would have been able to talk with someone the first time I requested a manager because I wanted the other people (who were in front and behind me)to let them know I was not exaggerating. She apologizes many times and assures me she is going to get to the bottom of this. Now comes the funny part….On the drive home Connor says "That lady (the cashier) is probably home already. I said "Probably home and eating her dinner". Connor says, "Yeah, with her feet up on the coffee table watching old lady bingo". I laughed so hard because after that he says, in his best "old lady" voice, "B-32".


I have no clue where that came from but it made me laugh harder and boy did I need that!

2 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

That is pretty funny. Leave it to a kid to find the humor in a stressful situation. Glad to have found you. I visit often...

Anonymous said...

That's cute, Connor is funny