Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cancer SUCKS!

My Aunt Shelly lost her battle with cancer today (I guess it's after midnight now so technically it was yesterday). My heart is so heavy right now. While I'm glad that she is not in pain anymore my heart hurts for her kids and her grandchildren. My heart hurts and I'm far away. I can only pray and send hugs from afar. I feel useless! Right now, cancer is the ugliest word I know. Hate is a strong word but I HATE cancer!!
Tonight I am reminded that we don't know what lies ahead of us. Death is real and it's not up to us when we leave this earth. Each day is a gift that we often take for granted.   We assume our loved ones will be with us tomorrow. 
Please say a prayer for my cousins and my aunts family. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. Sending prayers to you and all your/her family.

Times 6 said...

This is so sad! She was such a great mom and grandma. I HATE cancer! Each day is a gift, I will try not to waste mine!

Joel said...

Well said Jen! Live life like the gift from God that it is.

Katie said...

Thanks for this post Jen. It's been a long two years but an even longer last two weeks. Love you. Thanks for all the love and support. I just can't stop thinking about her. My heart hurts and is completely crushed but hopefully one day it will mend.