Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life is good!

We have a lot going on in the Gibbs house. So much going on that I hardly have time to blog anymore.  I love to read other blogs but have not made my own a priority.  I need to work on that. 
Once again, lets play catch up: 

This little girl...
is no longer a little girl!
Courtney turned 20 on Sunday!  TWENTY!!!!  I feel like I was just 20 not that long ago.

 
 
HOMECOMING?
That's what Cassie found written in our driveway on Monday night. 
The words written in chalk were surrounded by peach candles and a bouquet of flowers. Earlier this month, she found out that she will be in the homecoming parade.
Cass and her Homecoming date.

 Today Connor (who refused to take a picture) was voted Student Council President.  He wrote a speech and everything.  This morning, our Principal told me, in an e-mail, that Connor was voted in as President. This gave me a chance to pick up some balloons to tie around his bedroom. When I picked him up from school I could tell from his huge, ear to ear grin that he was about to explode with good news.  I acted surprised when he told me he was president.  He said, "We aren't allowed to know by what percentage we won but I know all the girls voted for me."  AND a humble president he is :)
We are so proud of Connor!




Growing our family:

About 6 months ago we started mentioning to our families our interest in fostering and or adopting children.  I don't know if they thought we were serious or not but not one of them questioned our sanity so we figured they must be ok with it.  We shared our hearts desire with our kids and to our amazement they too did not question our sanity.  In fact, they actually seemed excited and quickly jumped on board with what is now our family mission. 
Here we are today, just two more steps to complete before we are licensed to foster a 6-9 year old boy.  Our excitement outweighs our nervousness right now.  And as I sit and wonder what my future foster son will be like, I can't help but feel the way I did when I was expecting my biological children.  Sure I hoped and prayed for a healthy child but when I conceived my children I made a commitment to them; to love them just as they were.  It didn't matter to me how my child was going to entered this world. I knew God was going to bless us with a child meant just for us and that is exactly how I feel about my foster children.  Will it be hard work? Yes, just like raising my three C's was hard work.  Parenting is hard work.  Will we have to make adjustments? We sure will, just like we did with each one of our children.  There is a plus side to waiting for a foster child...NO morning sickness and NO weight gain! :) 
So, think of us this weekend as we are switching rooms around, setting up bunk beds, hanging up extra smoke detectors, etc...all for a child who we haven't met yet but already love!♥ 
Our home inspection is next.  We received an email yesterday from the inspectors letting us know that they will be calling soon to set up a time for us to be inspected.  We will be ready!! Patrick went out tonight and bought what we need to finish getting ready for our in inspection.  The only thing missing is the ring buoy for the pool.
The air filters aren't for the inspection...it's just time to change them. 


1 comment:

Times 6 said...

Congratulations to Connor, I love what he said about all the girls voting for him. Confidence is a great quality for him to possess. Happy to hear you are almost there for being a foster family. I hope Cassie has a good time at homecoming and kudos to this boy for making her feel special. Had a good time at Courtney's birthday, hard to believe she is 20! She is an amazing person!