Thursday, August 04, 2011

Time to update!

Time to get this blog updated!!

The kids go back to school in less than two weeks. Summer, where did you go?? School clothes have been bought, supplies bought, Cassie is still waiting for a good sale on jeans. Courtney is finding out just how expensive college books are.
We packed a lot into our summer. Below are picts showing some of our adventures:





Patrick and I celebrated 20 years of marriage in June. Patrick surprised me with tickets to Les Mis, our favorite musical.





We were able to spend a week in Colorado, one of our favorite places.
Below is a picture of Connor splitting wood. It was cool enough to have a fire in the evenings.





The kids tie dying t~shirts and pillowcases.

Horseback riding in Durango.

Jeans, jackets and sweaters in June? Toto, I don't think we're in Phoenix anymore.

Cassie spent a week in Oceanside with friends. These lucky girls had a condo on the beach!
Before this she was in Durango with our youth group for summer camp.

Courtney spent a few days in San Diego with Wyatt and his family. Last year they had more rainy days than sunny days. This year the weather was just perfect. No rain and she woke up next to the ocean in a comfortable 72 degrees.
Patrick and I dropped Courtney off in San Diego. We took Connor with us. We figured since his sisters got to spend time at the ocean he should too. We spent some time at the beach and a day at Universal Studios. He had a good time.





We spent a couple hours in La Jolla at Seal Beach (as a local called it). Most of the seals were in the water but there were a few up on the rocks. Below you can see one rock (left) has seals on it and the other had a hundred birds on it but they did share their rock with a couple seals.





While Courtney and I took a CPR class and Cass was at a sleepover, Connor and dad had the house to themselves. Connor spent the morning doing science experiments.




This kid eats and sleeps baseball!! Connor joined a club ball league this summer. He's pretty excited to be playing on the Rawlings Lightning team.




See that orange behind Courtney? That's dust. Our huge dust storms made the national news. This was taken right before we had to run inside.




The haboob is coming...



Cassie waited in line for 9 hours to see the final Harry Potter movie. She said it was well worth the wait.



Don't you love "just because" gifts :)



I came home to these beautiful flowers this week.



Throw in a bunch of sleepovers, Little League All~Star games, summer movies, swimming, family and friend get togethers, BBQ's and you have our summer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your summer was jam packed! One of these days I'm going to Colorado with you! Those San Diego shores look so inviting. I need to get over there again soon!

I love the photo of you and Patrick on your anniversary! That one is frame-worthy!

Love, Mom