At the end of October our church held it's second annual Salsa event. This free event is a neighborhood mixer where the community can come and have a day of fun. There is plenty to do and eat and the kids especially like it.
Here are a few picts from that day.
In November, Courtney had not one but two cheer competitions. Her squad qualified for state.

Turkey Trot
Here is Connor and a buddy participating in their schools Turkey Trot. Connor walked/ran about 4 miles that day. For each lap that you walk or run you get your name entered into a drawing to win different items. Connor got his name in 16 times and won a turkey, which we ate for Thanksgiving.
Now about Thanksgiving...We were going to host Thanksgiving at our house this year. The day before Thanksgiving I wanted to clean the oven (something I have never done. Patrick has always done it in the past.)
I had Patrick remove the heating element from the bottom of the oven so that I wouldn't get oven cleaner on it. After running all of our errands that day I decided I just wouldn't have time to clean the oven so I asked Patrick to put it back together. While putting it back together he hit something live behind a panel and made a small explosion and fire in the oven. My oven no longer worked and we had to turn the breaker off meaning we couldn't use the stove either. So, we moved Thanksgiving to Patrick's sister's house. I was cooking two turkeys this year so we got up early, got the turkeys ready and took one to my moms and she cooked it in her oven and the other went to Patrick's sister's so I could cook it there. Thank goodness for a flexible family! Thanksgiving turned out to be fun with very little stress. Did I mention that our hot water heater stopped working the day before Thanksgiving??
2 comments:
Didn't matter where we had Thanksgiving dinner, just mattered that we were together. We had a real nice time. Thanks for everything!
Mom & Edward
Connor, thanks for "trotting" to get that turkey! It was yummy!
Grandma Donna
Post a Comment