Monday, September 28, 2009

A Weekend in California

This past weekend my mom and I took a quick trip to Anaheim Hills, California. My cousin (Troy's wife) had a baby shower. Her mom and sister did such a good job. They decorated so nicely and the food was so good! The menu consisted of all Kim's cravings complete with cupcakes from Sprinkles. The best part of the trip was being able to spend time with the family. My mom and I stayed up late chatting and laughing. I'm afraid I talked too much because she fell asleep during one of our conversation. That's OK mom, after all, it was one in the morning (or later). We were able to spend time with Troy and Kim and their kiddos, Kalina and Max (who are absolutely too cute for words). Aunt Janet flew in from North Carolina (after many delays due to "plane issues"). It's always fun visiting with her. I enjoyed getting to know Kim's family a little better and hope to spend time with them again. They are such sweet people.

If I could change one thing about the trip it would be the weather. It was 98 degrees on the day of the shower. They were having a heat wave just like Phoenix. We thought we would be escaping the heat. Oh well, at least the breezes were cool.

Below is a collage of the shower. I mostly took pictures of Kalina and Max. I'll have to get copies of my mom's picts and post them too. Collages are easier to post (just one upload) and take up less space.



The black and white picture of Aunt Janet and Max and the one of Kalina making hand and foot prints are my favorites!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pics turned out good! What a fun trip. Let's do it again!! Sorry I fell asleep during our conversation at 1:00 in the morning!

P.S. Gotta love Subway!!

Mom

Michael said...

Sounds like a fun trip and send some of that warmth our way - it was 56 here in Cleveland and rained all day. Great pictures!

Times 6 said...

Looks like fun, sorry I missed it! I like the picture of our moms! beautiful!