Monday, September 21, 2009

D-backs and concerts

We were so busy this weekend that I never had a chance to post a Funny Friday.

We started our Friday off by Patrick and I sending the kids off to school and then catching a movie. We saw The Informant. It was OK, it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Matt Damon played his part well, the story was just different from what I got from the previews.

After the movies and then a couple hours at work, it was time to pick up the kids from school. Connor came running to the car because he knew it was the day to go pick up his violin from the music shop. He was very excited to get his new instrument! When he got home he immediately started to practice. Have you ever heard a beginner on a violin? It's only sweet to the parents ears :) Today he will have his first actual lesson.

Later that evening we headed to Chase Ballpark for a D-backs game and Mercy Me concert. This was Connor's first concert. The D-backs beat the Rockies and since they scored 6 or more runs everyone got 3 free tacos from Taco Bell the next day. The game ended with fireworks and then the concert began. It was a long but a fun family night.



On Saturday Connor and Quinn went to a D-backs game with Grandma Donna and Edward. The Diamondbacks lost that game but the boys had a good time. Our family also got bigger on Saturday! My cousin Connie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Layne Scarlett. Layne has 3 big brothers waiting at home for her. Congrats Connie and Josh!



On Sunday, Cassie went to a Stellar Kart concert with her friend Katee. She had a good time but came home exhausted. Patrick, Courtney and a friend of Courtney's went to another D-backs game (and they lost again). Connor and I stayed home to watch cartoons and play a quick game of Sequence.



Another busy weekend! We hope you had a great weekend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was a lot of fun taking Connor and Quinn to the game Sat nite. Connor knows that ballpark like the back of his hand! I'd say he's been to a few games, huh!?! Gee, Baxter doesn't say much does he? HA HA!

Grandma Donna

Evy said...

I think our church choir sang at that Mercy Me D-backs game. I didnt go but I heard they sung the National Anthem. Must have been a fun game to go to!