Friday, June 26, 2009

Vacation

We had such a nice get away last week. We spent seven days in Colorado and could have spent another seven days there! The weather was so nice (mid 70's and no summer humidity). We saw a few deer on our trip, one while we were white water rafting. Our guide said there was a little bear at the rafting company's door that morning. Patrick was hoping to see a bear but no such luck for him.
My cousin BJ and his family were able to come from Colorado Springs to visit us. It was a short visit but it was a nice visit.


Our niece Mikaila was able to go with us on our vacation this year. Big sis Ashleigh and brother Quinn have come with us in the past and Connor decided it was her turn to come. She seemed to have fun. It was nice having her for a week. I think I found someone more "blond" than her Aunt Jeni! She kept us laughing all week!
Below are a couple of slide shows of our trip. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them. These picture are just from a few of the days there. I'll post a few more at the end of this post.




Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: colorado 09
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook








Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Durango 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Celebrating Mikaila's 8th birthday





















Patrick has more picts on his laptop. I'll have to add more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky ducks!! Next summer can I tag along? Beautiful photos/scenery. How fun that BJ & Kim & Shay could join you for a day. Looks like Lollipop was really enjoying herself. Your kids did too!! God Bless the Gemmills!!

Mom/Grandma Donna

Times 6 said...

Nice pictures, it looks beautiful there. I am very jealous that you got to see my niece, oh ya and BJ and Kim too!