Thanks Sarah for your help!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
End of the year gifts
This year I decided to make an end of the year gift for Connor's teacher instead of purchasing one. Some friends at church made decorated (sometimes called altered) clipboards during a craft night. I loved how they turned out and decided to make a couple myself. I looked online for directions and was glad to see it was a fairly easy craft. I started on my first clipboard and found out that Mod- podge was not my friend. I ended up having huge air bubbles under the paper. I e-mailed a friend with a panicky "help" message. Come to find out I used too much Mod-podge under the paper and I needed to let the mod-podge under the paper dry before I put the top coat on. I ended up peeling the paper off the clip board and started over. This was a bummer because I LOVED the paper I had used and didn't have anymore of that kind. So, I used plain pink. This time, it turned out much better. The best part of this craft was that Connor could help. He painted the clipboards and put on the embellishments after I put the paper and mod-podge on. He is very proud of his work. We made two clip boards; one to use (the pink one has a To Do and a Shopping list notepad attached) and one for decoration ( I photocopied a class photo so she can hang it up and remember her 2009 second grade class). This craft was pretty easy and inexpensive, especially if you already have scrapbooking "stuff".
Thanks Sarah for your help!

Thanks Sarah for your help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Those are ADORABLE!!!
Very nice! I went the easy route, got Morgan's teacher a gift card to Barnes and Noble, I am not a crafty momma!
Super cute!! Great job!
Those are adorable. I too had a Modge Podge disaster. When you figure it out though, it can be a good friend. Love the shopping list one. May have to do one for myself... A+ for you.
Very cute projects! Are you sure you are MY daughter? I have no "crafty" talents at all! Tee hee!
Love, Mom
What a neat idea!
Post a Comment