Joel and I were able to spend some time with our mom on Saturday. We went out for lunch and spent lots of time talking. We shared a few memories of our Grandma Russell. I'm so sad that my kids didn't get to know her. Such a positive lady. She always looked for the good in people. I used to tell my friends (when I was a teen)...If I robbed a bank my Grandma Russell would say, " Did you use the best gun? I hope you flashed them that beautiful smile of yours." She just wanted people to be happy!My Grandma Kay lives far away from us. I was lucky to have her around when my kids were little. She was one of my very first babysitters. When I had to go back to work for the first time she assured me that Courtney was in good hands and that I could call as many times as I wanted. I did call a couple times.. a few times... OK, many times. She was right, Courtney was in good hands! My Grandma use to sneak into my brother's and my apartment when we were at work and do all our laundry! Unfortunately, she had to gather mine up off the floor. She would also bring dinner over and say something like "Oh I can't believe I made all this food. I'll never be able to eat this by myself." She had been a single grandma for sometime and was used to cooking for just herself, but we gladly accepted her offer!
On Sunday, my sis-in-law, Bridget, hosted a beautiful lunch. We ordered a sub so there would be no cooking on this day! Bridget had the tables decorated so beautifully with flowers and ribbons (I think I have a new idea for my Christmas tea table). It was a casual, but yummy, lunch. The kids swam and played the Wii and we ended the night watching Bedtime Stories. Such a relaxing afternoon.
I hope all you Moms had a wonderful Mother's Day! I am so thankful for my mom who is also my friend! There are so many moms out there who truly inspire me. Two of them being my sister-in-laws. If I could be a tenth of the moms they are, I'd be happy! I am also inspired by all the new moms I know. Watching them with their little ones helps me to remember the precious times I had when mine were oh so little.
A Mother's Dictionary of Meanings
Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.
Feedback: The inevitable result when the baby doesn't appreciate the strained carrots.
Full Name: What you call your child when you're mad at him.
Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they're sure you're not raising them right.
Hearsay: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a naughty word.
Independent: How we want our children to be for as long as they do everything we say.
Puddle: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes into it.
Show Off: A child who is more talented than yours.
Sterilize: What you do to your first baby's pacifier by boiling it, and to your last baby's pacifier by blowing on it and wiping it with saliva.
Top Bunk: Where you should never put a child wearing Superman jammies.
Two-Minute Warning: When the baby's face turns red and she begins to make those familiar-grunting noises.
Whodunit: None of the kids that live in your house.
Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.
Feedback: The inevitable result when the baby doesn't appreciate the strained carrots.
Full Name: What you call your child when you're mad at him.
Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they're sure you're not raising them right.
Hearsay: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a naughty word.
Independent: How we want our children to be for as long as they do everything we say.
Puddle: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes into it.
Show Off: A child who is more talented than yours.
Sterilize: What you do to your first baby's pacifier by boiling it, and to your last baby's pacifier by blowing on it and wiping it with saliva.
Top Bunk: Where you should never put a child wearing Superman jammies.
Two-Minute Warning: When the baby's face turns red and she begins to make those familiar-grunting noises.
Whodunit: None of the kids that live in your house.
4 comments:
I LOVE this post!
The most precious gift I received
for Mother's Day (besides the Felicity DVD's, tee hee) was the time you and Joel spent with me on Saturday and all the laughs and memories we shared. Thank you....
I love you!
Mom
Great job on this post.
Love you,
Joel
You do have a great Mom. What's even better... You appreciate her. Nice job on this one. Oh and you are a great momma too.
Post a Comment