I had a bug that knocked me out for a few days. Thank goodness for Patrick.
The first day, he stayed home from work until all the kids were home from school (he did all the carpooling). The second day I called him in the late morning to see if he could come home because I felt terrible again. He did. He bought everything I needed for the B.R.A.T diet. I started feeling better that evening so I went to work the next morning. I was sore and a little achy still but no fever. After working for a little over two hours, I started shivering and feeling really achy. I got home and took my temp. Yep, fever. Back to bed I went. Later that evening (Thursday) my fever broke and hasn't been back. So...Thank you honey for all your help and thanks to my kiddo's too!
Let me back up to last Sunday. Patrick was away on a staff retreat. I get the kids in bed and start to get ready for bed myself when I remembered I didn't feed Connor’s frogs on Friday. Oh well, I was meeting a friend for coffee in the morning and I would get crickets for the frogs after that. On my way to bed I stick my head in to check on the kids. In Connor's room the frog tank catches my eye. I feel guilty that I forgot to feed them (they get fed once a week and waiting a couple extra days won’t kill them). I go up to the cage to let them know that there will be food tomorrow, except they couldn't hear me. They were dead!!! Waiting a couple extra days to eat won't kill them but having NO WATER in the tank will!!! The frogs were black and crispy! I was shocked and grossed out. I didn't put water in their cage all week. These frogs like half land and half water. A few months ago I was sick of lifting this heavy tank to clean it out so, I decided to put just half the water in and add a little water every couple days to replace the evaporated water. Well, it was a really busy week and I forgot to add the water. Thank goodness Connor was sleeping. I ran to tell the girls and I think they pretty much laughed at me. I text Patrick to see if he can talk. He says no, he's still in a meeting. CRUD!!!! I try to talk myself into getting the frogs out of the tank but can’t do it. So, I do the next best thing. I add water to the tank. I guess I was thinking they would soak up the water and come back to life??? You know, like those grow a pet's you can buy for the kids. Add water and they grow like 5x their size. Well, it didn't work. Who was I kidding? Patrick finally calls. After laughing at me, he says he'll take care of it when he gets home the next day. I kept Connor out of his room most of the next day. Well, to not make a long story even longer....it ends by me feeling guilty for being a chicken and not getting the frogs out. Patrick had an exhausting weekend and was falling asleep on the couch, so I toughened up and took care of it myself.
I told Connor about the frogs the next day and he was fine with it. Maybe even a little too excited. Now he's thinking about what pet he should get. Mom says NONE!
I know this was long but I hope you found it a little funny. And for the record, I don't forget to feed or give my kids water :)
Connor says he doesn't miss his frogs but this is what I found next to his bed tonight.......
Friday, November 21, 2008
I caught a bug!
I know it's long but it's worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Eeewwww. You caught the bug early! The frog thing is hilarious! I love that you just added some water to the tank... Just to see what would happen! That is pretty funny. Kate had a fish that died a few months back and she didn't know for about 7 weeks. Then like Connor she was a little excited at the thought of getting something new. I don't think so! Great story. Way to go Patrick on running the carpool!
ok, that just made me laugh out loud (the frog story; not you being sick). And adding water to the tank - something I would have done too. hah! Poor Conner with all those frog books. ;)
I was secretly hoping that the whole put-water-in-tank-and-hope-they-come-alive thing would work! ha!!! I thought you were going to tell a miracle story :) At least Conner is too young to get too attached and a new pet would make him REALLY happy! Good luck!!!
Yuck! You had me rolling that you just added water. BTW, I checked out the life span of a guinea pig.... Average is 7-10 years, some have been known to live 12 years. I guess I am stuck with Chloe for a long time!! Oh well, Trent loves her
Are the frogs edible? You could have at least made a meal out of it.....
Seriously, That's why we love pets though right.
Poor froggies! What's next? A snake? HA HA! I won't be visiting very much if there's a snake in the house!
Gr. Donna
Post a Comment