Super Creepy, Jen! Someone anonymously posted a comment about Trent dancing. I thought it was a little strange that someone I know would not leave a name. I deleted it today. I feel a little worried! Please let me know what you find out about security.
Okay this is why I WOULD NEVER put my last name, or the names of the school the kids go to or even where you can put your state on your profile page. I put somewhere, Az. People who know me know where I live, and I blog for people who know me, not "rapers." I was private for a while, but as soon as you post on bloggers front home page a link comes up and people can access your blog, even if you are private. So it kinda works and kinda doesn't. You just have to be careful. For example: When I post Kate in a uniform, I make sure the team name is not shown, and the letter on her hat I make it fuzzy. I would never post the name of the kid’s school or show a pic of them in front of the school. I am not a freak about it, just careful. I think that this is probably one in a million, but it would be a little creepy to me too. So with that said I would for sure take the last name off of your page and the name of your kids schools if that is on there, oh and take off the city you live in people you want to look at your blog know where you live. The others don't need to know! Oh, and the others are just spam I have had those alot in the past. Usually blogger will get a hold of them pretty quick.
Yikes! That IS freaky! If he was some creeper though, why would he be stupid enough to add your page to his "follow" list? Couldn't he just not add your page then follow it anyway and then no one would know?
I tried setting our blog to private too, but it was such a pain that I canceled it. Let me know what you end up doing.
I would freak out too! I worry about that after I blog jump and realize that I'm on someone's blog that I don't know very well. It is so easy to do! My last name is the name of my blog... I got one comment from someone named B-Dazzle... it was nice, but not sure who it was exactly. :/ I'll be looking for ways to keep your/my blog safe. I bet if you google it, you can find some ideas. Our kids' and OUR safety is pretty important. :)
Ok, never use last names or addresses or schools, or anything that relates to your home from the street. anybody can access the blog, so keep it on a first name basis and general type information and everyones a happy camper. I wouldnt worry too much if you take those precautions. Phishers with lousy adware attatchments are more harmful especially if they can get your passwords. Be smart and only open emails from trusted sources. Have a better day Jen!
5 comments:
Super Creepy, Jen! Someone anonymously posted a comment about Trent dancing. I thought it was a little strange that someone I know would not leave a name. I deleted it today. I feel a little worried! Please let me know what you find out about security.
Okay this is why I WOULD NEVER put my last name, or the names of the school the kids go to or even where you can put your state on your profile page. I put somewhere, Az. People who know me know where I live, and I blog for people who know me, not "rapers." I was private for a while, but as soon as you post on bloggers front home page a link comes up and people can access your blog, even if you are private. So it kinda works and kinda doesn't. You just have to be careful. For example: When I post Kate in a uniform, I make sure the team name is not shown, and the letter on her hat I make it fuzzy. I would never post the name of the kid’s school or show a pic of them in front of the school. I am not a freak about it, just careful. I think that this is probably one in a million, but it would be a little creepy to me too. So with that said I would for sure take the last name off of your page and the name of your kids schools if that is on there, oh and take off the city you live in people you want to look at your blog know where you live. The others don't need to know! Oh, and the others are just spam I have had those alot in the past. Usually blogger will get a hold of them pretty quick.
Yikes! That IS freaky! If he was some creeper though, why would he be stupid enough to add your page to his "follow" list? Couldn't he just not add your page then follow it anyway and then no one would know?
I tried setting our blog to private too, but it was such a pain that I canceled it. Let me know what you end up doing.
eek
I would freak out too! I worry about that after I blog jump and realize that I'm on someone's blog that I don't know very well. It is so easy to do! My last name is the name of my blog... I got one comment from someone named B-Dazzle... it was nice, but not sure who it was exactly. :/ I'll be looking for ways to keep your/my blog safe. I bet if you google it, you can find some ideas. Our kids' and OUR safety is pretty important. :)
Ok, never use last names or addresses or schools, or anything that relates to your home from the street.
anybody can access the blog, so keep it on a first name basis and general type information and everyones a happy camper.
I wouldnt worry too much if you take those precautions.
Phishers with lousy adware attatchments are more harmful especially if they can get your passwords.
Be smart and only open emails from trusted sources.
Have a better day Jen!
Post a Comment